This February marks Nardi Media’s 7th anniversary! I almost can’t believe it because it feels like time has flown by in the blink of an eye, but as I look back on these last seven years, I’m humbled by everything our dedicated team continues to accomplish in helping spread changemakers’ messages to the masses th.
Seven years ago, Nardi Media began with just me and one client. Now, we are a nationally renowned media relations agency that has helped many incredible experts, but especially dozens and dozens and dozens of authors with their book launches, which is only fitting because reading has always been a passion of mine!
We’ve also cultivated a team that doesn’t only work extremely hard, but always strives to be just as great of people as we are workers, and I think that’s what makes Nardi Media stand out. This is the part of our company that I’m most proud of and want to reflect on most this year, and I hope you’ll join us…
Throughout the month of February, we are launching a series called Causes We Care About, which will feature seven causes that are near and dear to our hearts and reflect on one of our core values: KINDNESS! We will also be making a monetary donation to each cause.
Join us in celebration by following us @nardi_media and subscribing to our newsletter so you don’t miss any details on how you can donate, get involved, and learn more!
At Nardi Media, we also make it a priority to celebrate our wins and reflect on how far we’ve come as a company, and every year, I’m always more in awe than I was the year prior. I want to take this opportunity to reflect on where we came from, where we’re headed, and the lessons we’ve learned along the way.
WHERE IT STARTED
Nardi Media was born out of my children’s basement playroom in the same small townhouse where we started our family. Surrounded by my two babies at the time, I bounced between motherhood and business ownership, from breastfeeding and then booking interviews, to playing with my kids and then writing press releases. Talk about juggling mompreneur life!
The truth is, I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit, but it wasn’t until I became a mother that I had the courage to step into it and take the leap of a lifetime. When my babies came into my life, I realized just how much I wanted to have the freedom to watch them grow and spend time with them on my own terms. I also felt empowered, especially as a mom of now three daughters, to become an example to them so they can see that anything is possible if you put in the effort and take risks.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
Family is clearly important to me, and it’s only fitting that I consider Nardi Media to be my 4th child, and not to mention, an extension of my family through our amazing team! We’ve become more tight-knit than ever by overcoming the challenges of the last two years and I’m consistently proud of the great work we do together.
I also consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to work with such talented, inspiring, and truly remarkable clients. I’m convinced that we get to work with some of the most impressive minds and changemakers in the world, and I’m constantly amazed at how much we learn from their messages, books, and brands every single day.
Clearly, the media agrees, because Nardi Media consistently places our clients in top-tier outlets! There are way too many to list here (it’s a good problem to have!), so in honor of our 7th anniversary and thousands of bookings later, I’m highlighting some recent placements here:
- Cheddar (Dr. Sylvia Earle, author of National Geographic Ocean: A Global Odyssey)
- CBSN (Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson, founder Bright Line Eating)
- NBC Tampa (Dr. Ashani Weeraratna, author of Is Cancer Inevitable?)
- Good Morning Arizona (Mandy Morris, author of 8 Secrets to Powerful Manifesting)
- NBC’s NECN (Paul Shapiro, CEO of The Better Meat Company)
- ABC San Francisco (Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, founder of Ask The Money Coach)
- The List TV (Dr. Shamini Jain, PhD, author of Healing Ourselves)
- Fox LA (Sara Blanchard + Misasha Suzuki Graham, authors of Dear White Women)
- KTLA (Mel Robbins, author, The High 5 Habit)
- Great Day Connecticut (Jessie Kanzer, author of Don’t Just Sit There, Do Nothing)
- Forbes (Lauren Krasnodembski, author of Reclaim Your Power)
- Today.com (Michelle Boulé, Transformational Life + Business Coach)
- The Hill (Sara Blanchard + Misasha Suzuki Graham, authors of Dear White Women)
- USA Daily Times (Elena Armijo, founder, The C-Suite Collective)
- USA Today (March of Dimes)
- Eat This Not That (Susan Peirce Thompson, PhD, founder, Bright Line Eating)
- Sports Illustrated (March of Dimes)
- HerMoney (Shibani Joshi, business expert)
- NPR (March of Dimes)
- KMOX St. Louis News Radio (Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, author of My Stroke of Insight)
- KTRH-AM Houston Radio (Dana Obleman, founder of the Sleep Sense Program)
- WTOP Washington DC Radio (Sameer Bhide, author of One Fine Day)
- Rich Roll Podcast (Dr. Sylvia Earle, author of National Geographic Ocean: A Global Odyssey)
- Price of Business Podcast (Elena Armijo, Founder, The C-Suite Collective)
- Lead Up For Women Podcast (Michelle Boulé, Transformational Life + Business Coach)
- Team Never Quit Podcast (Kushal Choksi, author of On a Wing and a Prayer)
I’m humbled by the incredible work we continue to do for our clients, but for me, the biggest change was becoming the client! In December, when I published my new book, Authentic Power, I was completely blown away by how much passion and hard work my team put behind making my book launch as successful as possible, and thanks to them, I’ve had the chance to share my deeply personal story and message about finding your authentic power with the masses, including The Hill, Good Morning Washington, Fox Waco, Everyday Health, Mind Love Podcast, and many more.
It’s also important to note that I never could’ve written Authentic Power without the inspiration of the many incredible authors I’ve gotten to work with over the last seven years. If you’re reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
WHAT WE’VE LEARNED
Like all businesses, we didn’t snap our fingers and magically have Nardi Media all figured out! It took seven years of learning, building, and growing together. Here are a few lessons I’ve learned along the way:
- It’s important to take risks. I learned that as a business owner, I love to take risks, but I also learned that failure is a good thing, and even necessary for Nardi Media to learn, grow, and adjust our strategy to help incredible changemakers take their messages, books, and stories to the world through powerful media placements.
- Never lose the fun of the job. PR is, and should be, a FUN adventure! Yes there are stressful days where we have to hit tight deadlines and troubleshoot interviews, but at the end of the day, we all find the job so rewarding because we get to spread impactful messages to the masses and help change the world for the better!
- Always ask for support. I’ve learned so much about the power of training a team and delegating! I used to think I had to do it all, and that got me in a lot of trouble (check out my book Authentic Power if you want to find out how much trouble – like, near-death trouble). Now, I’m proud that I’ve built an incredible team that is aligned with my values and has taught me so much.
- Running a business is harder than working for a business. However, I wouldn’t have it any other way! I am a visionary through and through, and being a leader and creator allows me to try new ideas daily, and see which of those ideas stick, and which do not.
- Feedback is crucial to success. I have learned that feedback from our clients, the press, and our team is the single most valuable thing to help us improve, so keep it coming!
I’d like to close with a quick thank you. It’s because of you – our clients, our employees, our partners, and our supporters – that Nardi Media has been so successful in putting a spotlight on the incredible innovators of the world through powerful media placements!
I look forward to celebrating our 7th anniversary all month long in our Causes We Care About series! Don’t forget to follow @nardi_media and subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss any details.
Cheers to seven years, and to many more!