When we think of healing, we tend to think of physically healing, but in my recent conversation with Amber Bodily, Medical Intuitive and Master Foot Zonologist, Amber shares just how much our physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental selves are interconnected, and how they are all important for true healing.
I’ve seen Amber’s work as a Master Foot Zonologist firsthand, and it’s truly life-changing. I was so amazed that I asked her to contribute her wisdom to my newly released book, Authentic Power, and talk to me in further detail.
Here’s a recap of our conversation:
- Ashley: First, how did you become a Medical Intuitive and Zonologist?
- Amber: I actually started out in a corporate job that I loved as a graphic designer, but when I had my son, we discovered he was chronically ill with Autism, lung disorder, severe psoriasis, eczema, and more. I was worried because he was on so many medications and breathing treatments, and he continued to get worse. I got to the point where I was asked to sign a piece of paper that would allow my child to get a liver transplant because all of these medications were damaging for it, and I remember all the walls closing in. Every fiber in my being knew that this wasn’t what I should do, but I didn’t know what to do instead. This made me get curious and I started diving into health questions that were outside of the box. That’s when I came across Foot Zoning. I went to see a specialist with my son, and within nine months, his diagnosis was retracted and his skin was glowing. When the specialist worked on me, she realized I had infertility issues, and I got pregnant instantly. I know we were seeing all of these specialists, but I learned through this process that no one has your child’s back lot a mom. This led me to get trained in Foot Zonology and even how to coach it because I wanted to be sure that I wasn’t left empty-handed if something happened to my child again. I ended up leaving my design firm to focus on Foot Zonology so I can help others going through the same thing I did, and on top of that, I now have three children who are all healthy.
- Ashley: Your story is amazing! I know from personal experience that you do amazing things because you’ve been a huge help to me in my healing journey. For those who don’t know, can you explain Foot Zoning?
- Amber: There’s a footprint on the bottom of the feet with tons of nerve endings. A practitioner like me will work on the feet using everything from our knuckles fingers and hands to connect with the nerve endings to help relax, detox, and rejuvenate the body. We’re not there to heal the body, we just facilitate the healing so the body can heal itself. Depending on what’s going on in the body, the body will do what it needs to do. Some people start detoxing right away and rebalancing, other people rejuvenate certain systems that need it. If you can think of your feet as a keyboard and your body as a computer, I’m down there pushing the buttons to reset that system so that whatever needs to get back in balance will do that. It’s also like reading brail, so depending on what the bottom of the feet feel like at specific points, the nerve endings will tell me what’s going on – if it’s blocked, if there’s inflammation or a pathogen, etc. – so we can treat the whole system. You can come to me with a sore throat or with stage 4 cancer, and I will provide the exact same system for healing because it’s all about finding the source of the issue that leads to true healing.
- Ashley: Can you talk about the link between emotional healing and physical healing? How is it all interconnected?
- Amber: It’s connected on so many levels! We’re not just physical begins, we’re mental, emotional, and spiritual beings, and those 4 pillars make up who we are. If we just work on the physical side, the other sides will be out of balance. If you have a lot of emotional imbalances, it will throw your physical health off. If your physical body is sick and out of balance, it’s going to throw the emotional side off and you’ll be much more reactive than responsive. We have to understand that when we have emotional responses in the body, it creates a chemical change. Even just the thought of public speaking can do that. If you’re storing emotions and feelings in your body and you don’t address them, your body can go into fight or flight mode, and it spends all its energy on surviving vs. doing its job. I highly recommend you check out The Five Biological Laws, which says the emotions we store in our body and our brain literally cause sickness in the body. And when we don’t take care of our emotional body, our physical frame can become so much more fragile. That’s why it’s so important to address your emotions!
- Ashley: Everything your saying is exactly related to my book Authentic Power! Something I highlight in my book and that you helped me do is to get rid of stored feelings and childhood traumas. Can you share ways we can do that?
- Amber: I find that most people who have trauma are really good at surviving and good at stuffing things in, which can be a gift but also a detriment, so you have to sit with yourself and get quiet. Tens of thousands of people I’ve worked with have a hard time sitting with themselves because they get distracted and they might not know why, and that’s ok! A lot of times when we experience trauma as a child, we block it out as an adult, but we have to address that trauma. Sitting with yourself starts with doing breathwork in a quiet room. If you’re agitated or uncomfortable and can’t do simple meditation or breathwork or simply be quiet in nature, you know you need to address things. There are a couple of tools out there depending on what you resonate with, such as mantras, instrumental music, self-help books, and grounding. There’s also something called DNRS which re-trains the brain and releases the body out of fight or flight mode. And your book Authentic Power has tons of information, too! Also, when other people do something that bothers you, take a step back and ask why that’s bothering you because more often than not, your immediate reaction has a deeper meaning.
- Ashley: Everything you’re saying is resonating with me so much! My trauma came out in different ways. For me, I had a work addiction and destructive relationships with people and with alcohol. In my book, I talk about giving yourself permission to feel using my FEEL Framework. These emotions are here for us to learn – we need to experience sadness and anger and we need to get curious as to why we’re experiencing them. We’re here as human beings to experience all emotions just as we are meant to experience joyful emotions.
- Amber: Yes! And once you process these emotions, you need to figure out what you need to change in your life because if you do the same thing over and over, you’ll get the same result. It might be getting rid of toxic relationships, toxic environments, implementing more self-care, or spending more time processing these emotions to find out why they’re triggering you.
- Ashley: Thank you, Amber! Any final parting thoughts?
- Amber: Yes, we need to bring trust and faith back to human power. We have forgotten the power that lies within us and our innate ability to renew ourselves. You are not broken. You have the ability to heal and process these emotions even if you feel like you’re hanging on a thread of hope. Each day is a new day, and if today was a flop, tomorrow you have the power to step out of that alignment and make a change. Never underestimate that power that is within you. And don’t forget to listen to your intuition along the way. We often listen to the outside world too much, but you need don’t stop and listen to what your body is saying to truly make change!
- Ashley: That is truly what I call our authentic power! When you get quiet and still and listen to your inner voice and trust it, that’s where true healing and transformation can happen! Amber, thank you for this great conversation.
To learn more about Amber and her work, follow her at @amberbodilyhealth or visit amberbodilyhealth.com to take advantage of her free resources and online courses. You’ll also find Amber’s wisdom in my book, Authentic Power!
CLICK HERE to watch our full IG LIVE!